Thank you for your interest in working with Axiom Event Productions. We are always looking for energetic and creative people who are interested in part-time and full-time opportunities in event management. Axiom Event Productions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people with diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply. Currently, we are hiring for the following positions:
Axiom Event Productions seeks an organized and entrepreneurial professional with excellent interpersonal skills to assist in the production of Portland-based community events. Axiom produces more than two dozen events per year including Portland Sunday Parkways, Mississippi Street Fair, Worst Day of the Year Ride, and the Portland Marathon.
Track and manage projects, business operations, and event details behind the scenes. Recruit and coordinate volunteers in the preparation and production of events. Be a leader in the office who is friendly, supportive, patient, and energetic.
Full Time: Average 40 hours per week; salaried rate depending on experience.
- Volunteer Management:
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with various individuals and groups of volunteers, to create buy-in for the shared vision of the event.
- Recruit new volunteers and assure they get proper orientation and recognition.
- Build volunteer opportunities to build leadership, ownership, and community within our events.
- Maintain service records of all volunteers; provide periodic reports to management.
- Office Administration:
- Plan and facilitate meetings.
- Makes travel (air, lodging) arrangements as needed.
- Spearhead long-term projects to improve the day-to-day operations of the office.
- Perform basic office maintenance duties including printing, light cleaning, supply ordering.
- Project Management:
- Monitor and regularly communicate project status to track progress toward completion and within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Perform 90 and 30-day reviews and audits for every event, facilitating work and meetings with Project Managers and key staff.
- Event Production Support:
- Lead in the preparation and loading of event supplies.
- Act as Volunteer Coordinator for Sunday Parkways events
- Coordinate information and volunteer booths
- Be a cheerful ambassador for Axiom and the events to volunteers, participants, and members of the public
Skills and Qualifications
- Work experience in project management
- Experience with the management of teams and the delegation of tasks
- History of successful planning and managing multiple projects or responsibilities at once
- Demonstrated interest and experience in working with volunteers and volunteer management
- Able to manage volunteers with diverse expectations, skills, interests and abilities.
- Enthusiasm to work with the public and a belief in building community through events
- Proven passion for details and a commitment to deeper understanding of work or hobbies
- Ability to follow specific instructions with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, quickly and confidently
- Enjoyment in problem solving, adapting and performing in high-pressure situations and in large crowds
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Own a laptop to work from, and smartphone with data plan
- Preferred: Skills in Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, mail merge, and website editing
- Work Location: scheduled time in office or independently from home. On location for specific events.
- Must be available for the production of the following events – no exceptions:
- Six Sunday Parkways events:
- May 18-21
- June 22-25
- July 20-23
- August 3-6
- August 17-20
- September 21-24
- Mississippi Street Fair: July 11-16
- Other event opportunities will be available through the season
- Must have perceptual and judgment ability to recognize and respond verbally to safety concerns, and to deal appropriately with any disagreements or conflicts
- Work environment ranges from quiet office space to noisy roadsides in high-traffic areas, and various outdoor weather conditions
- Occasional evening meetings and some travel will be required.
- Demonstrate flexibility to respond to priorities and schedules that change frequently.
- Physical Demands: 50% Sitting, 30% Walking/Standing, 20% Lifting/Carrying 30-50 Pounds. Event days may last 15 hours or more, with appropriate breaks included
- Enthusiasm, focus, creativity, humor, and positive outlook.
How to Apply
Please email us for an application form: Jobs@AxiomEventProductions.com. Please put the position title in your email subject line.
Axiom Event Productions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people with diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply.
Axiom is regularly hiring and seeking event professionals. If you are interest in starting or continuing a career in event management please send us your resumé and a letter introducing yourself and your skills to us.