Thank you for your interest in working with Axiom Event Productions. We are always looking for energetic and creative people who are interested in part-time and full-time opportunities in event management. Axiom Event Productions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people with diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply. Currently, we are hiring for the following positions:
Axiom Event Productions seeks a friendly, tireless and Spanish-speaking event coordinator to provide sponsor and vendor coordination for two of the largest events in Portland – the Portland Cinco de Mayo Fiesta and the Mississippi Street Fair. The Cinco de Mayo Fiesta will serve 70,000 guests over three days. The Mississippi Street Fair, the largest neighborhood street fair in Portland, will attract hundreds of vendors and over 35,000 people.
Axiom also works on a portfolio of running and cycling events each year. The Sponsor and Vendor Coordinator includes sponsor and vendor coordination for each event as well as customer service. They will be building relationships with our customers to provide them with excellent service through the event registration process.
This position is ideal for an emerging leader who seeks direct experience and high responsibility in coordinating Portland’s largest community events. Fluency in Spanish is key, as many of partners, especially on Cinco de Mayo, use Spanish as a primary language.
- Sponsor Coordination:
- Build on existing relationships and deliver the highest-quality service to event sponsors
- Advocate for sponsors to ensure the best activation and exposure through our events
- Create sponsor proposals, contracts, recaps and other sponsor communications
- Track and complete all sponsor contract deliverables
- Help plan and communicate sponsor exposure at the event, including branding and exhibition opportunities
- Lead the sponsor-sided marketing through the event, including social media campaigns, media buys and website updates
- Vendor Coordination:
- Coordinate the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta and Mississippi Street Fair Vendor program from current status to on-site operations
- Oversee the completion of online registration system and payment system, and manage the vendor waitlist
- Provide excellent customer service to all vendors, participants and general public via email and phone, both in English and Spanish
- Help plan and manage vendor placement within the event
- Oversee vendor load-in and load-out process, including coordinating block captains.
- Customer Service Coordination:
- Manage the online registration platform for Events by Axiom, and others we manage
- Work with Event Directors in updating information and keeping participants current
- Answer questions and deliver other communications to customers for each event
- Staff each event as our Registration and Merchandise Manager – hours of work during the Event Production Week may exceed 40 hours
- Recap each event and provide feedback for future improvements to the process and events
- Be a cheerful ambassador for Axiom and the events to clients, volunteers, participants, and members of the public.
Skills and Qualifications
- Native or advanced fluency in Spanish
- Independent worker who achieves event goals with minimal supervision
- Assertive and confident communicator
- Friendly customer service skills
- Understanding of, and experience working with, diverse populations, specifically communities of color
- Ability to stand and walk for 12+ hours
- Past event coordination experience (1-3 large events or several smaller events). Examples include:
- community events
- street fairs
- expo production
- outreach booth staffing
- vendor and contract coordination
- Ability to adapt to and perform in high-pressure situations in large crowds
- Ability to use confidently Excel and Google Docs
- Proven leadership experience with both staff and volunteers
- Work Location: scheduled time in office or independently from home. On location for specific events.
- Hours: Full Time 40 hrs/wk; extended event week hours
- Compensation: $18-$25/hr depending on experience
- Must be available for the production of the following events – no exceptions:
- Cinco de Mayo: May 3-5
- Mississippi Street Fair: July 13
- Events by Axiom running and cycling events:
- February 2
- February 10
- June 22
- June 29
- August 18
- September 1
- September 22
- Must have perceptual and judgment ability to recognize and respond verbally to safety concerns, and to deal appropriately with any disagreements or conflicts
- Physical Demands: 50% Sitting, 30% Walking/Standing, 20% Lifting/Carrying 30-50 Pounds. Event days may last 15 hours or more, with appropriate breaks included
- Work environment ranges from quiet office space to busy events, and various outdoor weather conditions
- Occasional evening meetings and some travel will be required.
How to Apply
- Please email your resume to Jobs@AxiomEventProductions.com. Please put the position title in your email subject line.
- Fill out this online application: S-V Coord Application
Axiom Event Productions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Axiom is regularly hiring and seeking event professionals. If you are interest in starting or continuing a career in event management please send us your resumé and a letter introducing yourself and your skills to us.